Monday, August 29, 2011

Stress Eating

Thursdays are my own personal "weigh-in" days. So, last Thursday I was pretty happy. I was down another pound, making it a total of 20 pounds gone for the year. A slow process, mainly because I have not been faithful to WWIE, but still!! I am 20 lbs lighter than I was 8 months ago. So, that's a positive!!

Now, the negative: stress eating. I never really believed in that term "stress eating". I always felt it was a cop-out. But after going through Hurricane Irene, I will openly and honestly admit that potato chips, Milky Ways, Froot Loops, and a big ol' bottle of Prosecco was at the top of my "food for survival in a disaster" shopping list. And I ate those long hours of wind and rain away. I even ate Sour Patch Kids, which I really don't like, so if that's not stress eating, I don't know what is.

And when Hurricane Irene finally came and went, I opened the Prosecco and did some "stress relieving". Prosecco....YUM!!

But, today the sun is shining and we were some of the lucky ones. No down trees or power outage. Just a small flood in the basement. And a massive stomach ache and slight head ache from stress eating and stress relieving. Today is a new day. Back to WWIE and thinking and acting healthy.

I'm off to make one of my favorite appetite depressants: unsweetened Iced Tea with a lemon twist. Seriously, just take like 4-5 bags of tea, boil it in about 2 cups of water. Load up a 32 ounce over size water bottle or mug or jug or whatever with ice, the tea (minus the bags) and a slice of squeezed lemon. I LOVE THIS!!! The caffeine gives me energy. It hydrates me. It keeps me from going into STARVATION mode when I WWIE. And it's refreshing. Oh..and it makes me pee. A LOT!! (not that anyone needs to know this..but hey, we are talking about being fit and weight loss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment